1971 Lou Steege, Cheyenne
1973 John Albanese, Casper
1974 Grant Willson, Cheyenne
1975 No Award Presented
1976 Milford and Imogene Hanson, Cody
1977 Henry Jensen, Casper
1978 Irene Morgan, Lander
1979 Helen Lookingbill, Riverton
1979 Jim and Loucille Adams, Lander
1980 Gerald Carbone, Sheridan
1981 George Brox, Rawlins
1984 Carolyn Buff, Casper
1985 Carlton Belz, Casper
1986 Mimi Gilman, Saratoga
1987 June Frison, Laramie
1988 Loucille Adams, Lander
1989 George C. Frison, Laramie
1989 Ada Jackson, Saratoga
1989 Bill Barlow, Gillette
1990 Milford Hanson, Cody
1991 William Scoggin, Rawlins
1991 Charles Reher, Laramie
1992 Harry Earle, Torrington
1993 Glenn Sweem, Sheridan
1993 Mary Hopkins, Laramie
1994 Joe Bozovich, Rock Springs
1994 Danny Walker, Laramie
1995 Deborah Chastain, Saragota
1996 June Frison, Laramie
1997 Julie Francis, Laramie
1998 Dewey and Janis Baars, Wheatland
1998 Dave Eckles, Laramie
1999 Dave McKee, Saratoga
2000 Barbara Nahas-Kiery, Cody
2001 Cher Burgess, Sundance
2002 Connie Robinson, Sheridan
2002 Paul and Margot Joy, Laramie
2003 Barb Nahas-Kiery, Cody
2004 Bill Owsley, Laramie
2004 Don and Eva Peden, Lander
2005 Rich Adams, Laramie
2006 Wil Husted, Billings, MT
2006 Grant Willson, Cheyenne
2007 Judy Wolf, Laramie
2008 Bill Current, Rock Springs
2009 Leniegh Schrinar, Riverton
2010 Mike Bies, Worland
2011 Zane and Elaine Hilman, Sheridan
2012 Dan Bach, Cheyenne
2012 John Laughlin, Laramie
2013 Sylvia Huber, Cody
2014 Mavis Greer, Casper
2015 Ed McCausland, Riverton
2016 Todd Guenther, Lander
WYOMING ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY GOLDEN TROWEL RECIPIENTS
Golden Trowel Nomination Criteria
(Wyoming Archaeological Society, 2000 Annual Meeting Minutes)
1. The name is the Wyoming Archaeological Society Golden Trowel Award.
2. Must have made significant contributions to Wyoming archaeology at the state level,
not just at the local or county level.
3. Must be a member in good standing of the Wyoming Archaeological Society.
4. Can be an avocational or professional.
5. Can receive the award more than once in a lifetime.
6. Awards may be given jointly.
7. More than one award may be given in a year.
8. Nominations will be submitted in writing to the WAS Executive Secretary/Treasurer by
January 31 of award year.
9. The WAS executive committee will select the recipient(s).